- May 16, 2017
- Posted by: Classic Commercial Services
- Category: Commercial Carpet Clean, South Florida
Consumers have high standards when it comes to cleanliness, and as a business owner or manager, it’s essential to the success of your business that your commercial carpets are clean and in great shape at all times. A stain here or there may not seem like a big deal, but customers and clients won’t see it that way. However, keeping your carpets clean does not have to mean leaving Mother Nature behind. The green cleaning team in Miami at Classic Commercial Services has come up with this list of tips to help you keep your commercial carpets clean the green way:
#1. Keep the dirt out.
The best approach to clean commercial carpets is a proactive approach. It’s much easier to prevent dirt from getting into your building than it is to get rid of it once it’s reached your carpet. It’s not exactly feasible for most businesses to expect their patrons to take their shoes off before entering, but there are a few steps businesses can take to keep their carpets clean:
- Invest in mats – Place welcome mats in front of the entrance to your building, as well as walk-off mats in the doorways. For the welcome mat, choose a mat with a cut pile texture that can effectively wipe off and dry shoes. Make sure that your walk-off mats are long enough to wipe both shoes at least once.
- Be smart about your landscaping – The landscaping near the entrance of your building can make or break your efforts to keep your carpets clean and maintained, as it can play a role in the dust level.
- Keep the exterior around the entrance clean – The less dirt there is around the entrance to your building, the less dirt your patrons will track in. Consider the porch or deck, as well as the sidewalk leading up to the entrance of your building, as a part of your building’s interior, and keep these areas swept and free of dirt.
#2. Vacuum on a regular basis.
While vacuuming daily won’t replace professional carpet cleaning altogether, it is a very important aspect of keeping your commercial carpets clean. Vacuuming helps to remove the dirt and allergens that are sitting on the surface of your carpet, and it prevents all of that debris from sinking down into your carpet, where it’s difficult to reach. Removing allergens in the carpet helps to keep the air quality inside your building high. Abrasive particles in the dirt, as well as allergens, can add excess wear and tear to your carpet, but regular vacuuming can help to extend the life of your carpet. Vacuuming also helps to maintain your carpet’s texture and color, keeping it looking like new for longer.
At Classic Commercial Services, we take a green approach to commercial carpet cleaning in Miami, and we hope that these tips will help you keep your carpets clean while also helping you do your part to protect Mother Nature. In our next blog, we’ll be going over a few more tips to keeping your carpet clean the green way, so please stay tuned to learn more.