Running a successful restaurant is much more than simply making and serving great food. From strong customer service and ambiance to fair pricing and location, there are all kinds of factors that go into growing a prosperous restaurant. Interestingly enough, cleanliness is one of the most often forgot about factors that impacts success. And, as we’ve seen in the past, it’s something that can cripple a commercial restaurant in a hurry. Even local favorites, such as The Juicy Crab in Duluth, have had their reputation severely diminished due to a failed commercial kitchen inspection. But how exactly do you ensure proper commercial restaurant cleaning in Atlanta and avoid destroying your reputation? To help with that, let’s take a look at how often different cleaning tasks should be completed.
Cleaning Tasks – Throughout the Day
Efficiency is key to running any successful business. And, when it comes to commercial restaurant cleaning in Atlanta, you can drastically improve your efficiency by training your employees to complete these cleaning tasks throughout their shift:
- Wiping down of the line and prep areas
- Changing out sanitizing buckets and cleaning rags
- Brushing cooking station in between cooking different types of meat
- Wiping down meat and cheese slicer
- Emptying trash cans
Cleaning Tasks – Once a Day
- Changing foil linings
- Running hood filters through dishwasher
- Disinfecting prep surfaces
- Performing a thorough clean of your fryer, grill, range, and flattop
- Washing and polishing can openers and meat slicers
- Mopping floors and wiping down walls
- Disinfecting trash cans and other areas of kitchen
Cleaning Tasks – Weekly
While your staff should be adept at handling most of the tasks outlined so far, outsourcing weekly, monthly, bi-annual, and annual cleaning tasks to an experienced company that provides commercial restaurant cleaning in Atlanta can be a great choice. Doing so can drastically improve efficiency while ensuring it’s always taken care of the right way.
Weekly cleaning tasks include:
- Cleaning, emptying, washing, and sanitizing walk-in coolers
- Deliming faucets and sinks
- Thoroughly cleaning ovens both inside and out
- Oiling cast iron skillets
- Sharpening of kitchen knives
Cleaning Tasks – Monthly
- Empty excess grease buildup behind ovens, fryers, and/or ranges
- Empty and clean ice machines and freezers
- Washing walls, ceilings, and dry storage area
Cleaning Tasks – Bi-Annually
Even if your staff handles most of the tasks outlined above, it’s always a good idea to work with professionals that provide commercial restaurant cleaning in Atlanta when it comes to cleaning your exhaust hoods. Greasy exhaust hoods are one of the biggest causes of restaurant fires and can often be easily prevented with a professional cleaning
Outsourcing Your Commercial Restaurant Cleaning in Atlanta
Delegating responsibility and improving efficiency are both absolutely necessary to run a successful restaurant. But giving too much responsibility to an inexperienced staff can lead to critical mistakes and burnout. One of the ways you can solve this problem is by outsourcing your commercial restaurant cleaning duties. At Classic Commercial Services, we provide our cleaning services to restaurants throughout Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, and the surrounding areas. And we’d love to do the same for you.
If you’d like to chat about how we can help your restaurant, we encourage you to give us a call or fill out the short form on our website and we’ll be happy to setup a no-obligation consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!